132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Health Systems Engineer / Analyst
Do you have expertise in healthcare and/or human-machine systems with a desire to solve some of the hardest problems facing our Nation?
Are you passionate about tackling current and emerging challenges to provide real-world impact and drive the future?
If you possess a degree in engineering (e.g., systems, biomedical, industrial, mechanical, health systems, human systems), computer science, mathematics, or computational social science, and want to work in the areas of health and human-machine systems, we would love to have you join our team!
JHU/APL works across the U.S. Government, applying the full spectrum of science and engineering to make critical contributions to critical challenges. We partner closely with collaborators in government, academia, and industry to develop innovative science and technology solutions, striving to ensure the health of individuals across the Nation. To that end, the Health and Human-Machine Systems Group is seeking talented individuals to help us design and operationalize advanced and autonomous solutions to revolutionize healthcare and socio-technical systems. You will be joining a hardworking team of engineers and scientists to develop and integrate cutting-edge technologies, data-driven processes, artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) principles, and cognitive and behavioral sciences. You will partner with creative thinkers, motivated problem solvers, and life-long learners in support of our country and our warfighters.
As a Health Systems Engineer / Analyst, you will work as part of a multi-disciplinary, high-performing team on projects related to national health, as well as special operations, homeland protection, and cyber security.†
- You will collaborate with other scientists and diverse technical experts to investigate, evaluate, analyze, and prototype technologies and operational solutions. This may include the development of system concepts and technologies to mature autonomous/intelligent health and human-machine partnerships.
- You will collaborate with operational stakeholders to understand and document their needs, and translate them into well-defined requriements to facilitate analysis, modeling and simulation (M&S), and/or system design.
- You will support design and peer reviews to gather feedback on analytical approaches, techniques, system design, integration, and testing methodologies. This may lead to revising, documenting, and presenting work products based on these reviews and in accordance with APL's high quality standards.
- You may help conduct quantiative social science research through observational and experimental studies. This may include technical multi-factor modeling, social media analysis, time series analysis, and natural language processing.
- You will help to define new and innovative ways to address operational challenges, while establishing cross-organizational relationships to increase collaboration.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Possess a Bachelors in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or computational social science, and can demonstrate the application of your expertise to healthcare or socio-technical challenges
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Have a track record of accomplishments in advanced systems development, including leading (formally or informally) teams in the development of novel solutions.
- Have excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, and have demonstrated success while working within a team environment.
- Are able to travel occasionally to attend meetings with our government sponsors and operational stakeholders.
- Can demonstrate that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. To ensure the safety and well-being of the community, APL has established a policy requiring that all staff be vaccinated against COVID-19. All staff members must provide proof of full vaccination or have an approved medical or religious accommodation by their start date.
- Are able to obtain an Interim Secret level security clearance by your start date and can ultimately obtain a Secret level clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Possess a MS or PhD in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or computational social science.
- Are experienced in leading technical projects with demonstrated success in briefing high-level sponsors and executive leadership.
- Have demonstrable experience with data analysis and/or M&S tools such as Python, Matlab, Advanced Excel (VBA), R, Simio, or MagicDraw.
- Are experienced with Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) and systems modeling concepts (block and context diagrams, requirements management, activity and process diagrams, etc.).
- Have a demonstrated interest in human-machine teaming challenges and applications of AI/ML capabilities to improve autonomous systems.
- Have experience in a hospital or healthcare environment.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nationís most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APLís campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, occupation, marital or familial status, political opinion, personal appearance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. APL is committed to promoting an innovative environment that embraces diversity, encourages creativity, and supports inclusion of new ideas. In doing so, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including those with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in any part of the hiring process, please contact Accommodations@jhuapl.edu. Only by ensuring that everyoneís voice is heard are we empowered to be bold, do great things, and make the world a better place.
*Please mention you saw this ad on HealthSystemJobs.*
Health System Jobs in Popular Cities